The Nigerian Police Force has confirmed the detention and trial of two of its personnel that recently escorted singer, Davido, for reckless shooting.
The Head of Public Complaints Rapid Response Unit (PCRRU), ACP Abayomi Shogunle, told newsmen that following complaints by members of the public, the case was immediately registered by the unit.
Here are five important updates he gave;
1. They have been identified and they have been in detention since then.
2. An investigation was conducted and after that they have been tried in orderly room and punishment has been recommended.
3. One thing is clear that the conduct of those policemen as seen in that video is unacceptable, that is not part of what our officers should be engaged in.
4. We are only waiting for the appropriate police authority to review the punishment then we will make the full details known to the public.
5. They are no longer involved in any duty where they will carry any weapon. They will be in detention until the process is over before they will be released”